Women’s Menopause Health & Wellness Online
Menopause Health Matters is an independent health and wellness website and blog. Helping women to be their own health advocate by providing answers and references to assist in making informed choices about lifestyle changes and treatments and how these can impact their transition through the stages of perimenopause through to postmenopause.
|In November 2015, NICE (National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence) UK, issued the first guideline on diagnosis and managing menopause. You can find the guideline for professionals and a simplified version for women patients here.|
Ask our Medical Adviser your questionDo you have a menopause related question for our Medical Adviser, Dr Karen Morton?
Optimal Nutrition For Hair During Menopause
Our resident nutritionist, Charlotte Debeugny, discusses optimal nutrition for our hair during menopause. Including the best foods and nutrients to prevent hair loss and to support hair growth. Read More>
Mindfulness – Meditate Your Way Through Menopause
Another fantastic article by Anne Wray… ‘There may actually be something to the ‘Mindfulness’ thing. And, if utilised correctly, it really could help women struggling with the emotional ups and downs of menopause.’ Read More>
Latest News & Research
Effect of Combined HRT on Breast Cancer Risk
A Breast Cancer Now study finds the effect of combined HRT on breast cancer risk is likely to have been underestimated. Women taking combined HRT are 2.7 times more likely to develop breast cancer. Read More>
What’s New About Menopause 2016?
Following the 26th Annual Conference of the British Menopause Society, MHM’s Medical Adviser, Dr Karen Morton reports back on what’s new about menopause in 2016. Read More>
- Effect Of Combined HRT On Breast Cancer Risk
- A New Reason To Smile During Menopause
- Optimal Nutrition For Hair During Menopause
- Mindfulness – Meditate Your Way Through Menopause
- Menopause Confidential Book Review
- Patchology SmartMud and PoshPeel Review
- 5 Tips on Maintaining a Healthy Weight During Menopause!
- Vaginal Dryness – a common problem for women
- How to Help Control Incontinence with Food and Exercise
- How Yoga Can Help Reduce the Effects of Urinary Incontinence