Women’s Menopause Health & Wellness Online
Menopause Health Matters is an independent health and wellness website and blog. Helping women to be their own health advocate by providing answers and references to assist in making informed choices about lifestyle changes and treatments and how these can impact their transition through the stages of perimenopause through to postmenopause.
|In November 2015, NICE (National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence) UK, issued the first guideline on diagnosis and managing menopause. You can find the guideline for professionals and a simplified version for women patients here.|
Ask our Medical Adviser your question
Do you have a menopause related question for our Medical Adviser, Dr Karen Morton?
Patchology SmartMud and PoshPeel Review
Patchology asked me to review a couple of their products and of course I was very happy to do so. Read my review of SmartMud a no mess mud masque to detox your skin and PoshPeel a luxurious home pedicure treatment. Patchology use advanced technology and innovate ingredients to create targeted solutions… Read More>
5 Tips on Maintaining a Healthy Weight During Menopause
Is weight gain really inevitable once we reach menopause? So many anecdotal tales of women waking up overnight 10 pounds heavier and then facing an uphill struggle to get their weight back under control? Is this really what is in store for us?! Read More>
What do I think of ‘Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy’
This post is written by our Medical Adviser, Dr Karen Morton, consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist, giving both her medical and personal opinion of the use of bioidentical hormone therapy…Read More>
Latest News & Research
What’s New About Menopause 2016?
Following the 26th Annual Conference of the British Menopause Society, MHM’s Medical Adviser, Dr Karen Morton reports back on what’s new about menopause in 2016. Read More>
- Menopause Confidential Book Review
- Patchology SmartMud and PoshPeel Review
- 5 Tips on Maintaining a Healthy Weight During Menopause!
- Vaginal Dryness – a common problem for women
- How to Help Control Incontinence with Food and Exercise
- How Yoga Can Help Reduce the Effects of Urinary Incontinence
- Connect with Women Experiencing Menopause in a Video Conference Support Group, for Free!
- Menopause, Magnets And Me!
- What’s New About Menopause 2016?
- The Menopause Maze Book Review